We're going to start the week off right, with an awesome workout with NYU diver Nealey Wallis! It's going to be fun and intense, so eat your Wheaties and bring your A game for this "Kick Ass Kettle bell" workout!
Kettle bells are great tools to use to improve your fitness. There is a tremendous metabolic demand that will improve your cardiovascular health and your physique. They are a very effective way to train, and make further progress on this fantastic journey!
Now that you are sufficiently convinced of the benefits of kettle bells, let's rock and roll with this amazing workout. Do the following exercises:
- 10 reps. kettle bell front squats
- 10 reps. kettle bell bent over rows (kettle bell)
- 10 reps. kettle bell dead lifts
- 10 reps. kettle bell figure 8s
- 10 reps. kettle bell push up
- 10 reps. kettle bell high pulls
- 10 reps. kettle bell power plank with rows
- 10 reps. kettle bell bilateral hip swings (do one arm hips swings for a greater challenge)
- 10 reps. side to side kettle bell swings
- 10 reps. kettle bell power cleans
- 10 reps. kettle bell snatches
This circuit is pretty intense, so only do two to three rounds of it. After you have completed the workout, do a 5-10 minute cool down with a brisk walk or slight jog.
Congratulations on a great workout! See you tomorrow for another awesome workout as we help get you smoking hot and healthy for this summer!
Today's nutrition tip comes from Healthy You Naturally:
At every meal time, stop eating when you are about 80% complete. It takes the brain about 20 minutes to register food is on the way and this is a great way to control the serving size and still eat well.
Today's motivational quote comes from the legendary runner Steve Prefontaine:
“To give any less than your best is to sacrifice a gift."